Friday 12 November 2010

With Love and from Left-overs.
I just finished a bunch of cards for a friend of mine and this was the last one.
I had a little bit of the fuschia glitter card left over - just big enough for the largest tattered floral and another scrap big enough for the smallest of the flowers. Also had some strips of pink left over from which I punched some squares. When I bought this punch on the internet it was advertised as a 1" punch. Unfortunately that's the diagonal of the square not the sides. I didn't realize a 1" punch would be so hard to find - Wiesbaden came and went and I'm still looking ! Just have to use scissors I suppose.
I bought some great things at Wiesbaden. I also took advantage of the fact that a friend was going over to the U.K. during the school holidays and stocked up on some of the bargains to be had with the stronger euro - without the prohibitive postage costs. So watch this space !


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Looks a bit labour intensive with all that measuring and sticking but well worth it. You'll be looking out for more glitter card now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not really all that labour intensive. I used the punch that was supposed to be a 1" punch but wasn't. I applied double sided sticky tape to the back of the left over strips I had and punched out the small squares. Trouble was they were so small I had to punch 36 of them to make up the background for the card. If I had had a true 1" punch I could have probably got away with 25. I will need a 1" punch for my new inchie stamps though or I will have to resort to scissors.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!