Friday 15 June 2012

Belated Birthday Wishes

I had a piece of an alcohol inked background left over from my last birthday card (which was made so last-minute that I didn't have time to take a photo).  I knew it matched perfectly with this coral pink card (from Zeeman) because that's what the last card was made with.  Unfortunately I can't really remember what colours of alcohol inks I used, in case I want to repeat the combination.
Jaine very kindly loaned me her TH! Caged Bird for another project and I thought while I had it I'd use it for this birthday card.  I added a few branches from a Marianne D die, a Marianne D flower and a framed sentiment. The Fancy Phrases set comes with several frames and loads of sentiments.  Laid askew like this, I think it resembles a ticket - not a bad image to go with a caged bird and key - which I picked up a couple of years ago in Spotlight (Australia) on a bargain table.
If you look closely you can see the cage has been overstamped with a Stempel Winkel Music Score stamp, and I adhered the cage with pieces of double sided foam tape to give it a bit of depth. After trying various inks, the Maroon Archival Ink worked best.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you !!!