Friday 8 June 2012

Christmas Card Challenge for May Finished

This challenge for May was to incorporate chipboard into the design.  I decided to just use a chipboard element so as not to detract from the lovely design of this ornament (from the WMS Vintage Ornaments set) - and a heart seemed the obvious choice teamed with the "with Love" sentiment (also from Vintage Ornaments) and the "from our House to Yours" sentiment from the WMS Cottage Christmas set.
The heart was cut from grungeboard topped with red glitter card.  After cutting out various sized and proportioned hearts, I decided on this heart which was cut using the Tabs, Heart and Double Box Die from Sizzix.  The photo really doesn't do it justice - these hearts look good enough to eat.
The paper was from a freebie pad which came with a magazine, and the leather effect card had been in my stash for ages.  The ornament and sentiments were stamped with "Festive Berries" Distress Ink and embossed with Sparkly embossing powder.  Festive Berry and Antique Linen distress inks were used to distress the background paper, the ornament and the sentiments, and the twine was coloured with Festive Berries as well.
I was thinking my fingers would be stained with Festive Berries for weeks to come but it is fading (thank goodness).  What I love about this Vintage Ornament stamp/Heirloom die combination is if you make a mistake on the centrepiece (for example some misplaced Festive Berry fingerprints), you can always restamp the oval, cut it out with a Classic Oval die, affix it with a couple of sticky fixers, et voila.  Not only is your booboo hidden, it looks like part of the design.
Now I've nearly caught up with the challenge, although I haven't posted anything to the WMS gallery yet, I haven't ever put my work up for a challenge before and I'm a bit worried it's not good enough.  You should see the standard of work posted there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!