Thursday 14 June 2012

Deck those Halls

Another 6 cards finished for the Waltzing Mouse Christmas Card Challenge.  This was for April's Challenge - to use a Bird in the design.  I had the idea of a bird carrying a piece of mistletoe or holly in his beak, which seemed to fit perfectly with this greeting from the Vintage Ornaments set.
I cut the bird from a champagne coloured glitter card and distressed it slightly with Distress Inks - Festive Berries on the bottom and Aged Mahogany on the top.  The holly was cut from green card using the Tim Holtz Holiday Lamppost die, coated with Versamark and embossed with sparkly green embossing powder (I didn't have the right green in my glitter card stash). The acorn was cut using a Spellbinders die and the Festive Greenery decorative strip die was used to cut the greenery.
The label was stamped with the Deck the Hall Stamp from the Vintage Ornaments, framed with the square frame from the Fancy Phrases set, and cut using a Spellbinders Fancy Tag.
The paper was from a freebie set - Berry Merry, which came in one of the issues of Cardmaking and Papercraft.
We've had a (no doubt short) respite from the rain and the wind, which meant I could take photos outside - my camera doesn't really take good photos inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!