Wednesday 6 June 2012

More Christmas Cards

Yet another batch of Christmas Cards.  I called this design Upon a Midnight Clearing, and is very similar to what I made last Christmas, with the inclusion of the branches hanging down and creating the impression of being in the forest and looking out onto a clearing.  I also just cut the snow by hand this year instead of using the Abstract Decorative Strip Die - I'm getting braver!
The forest branches and pine cones were from the WMS set Festive Foliage.  I stamped and cut out another layer of branches which I adhered with sticky fixers to give the impression of depth.
The branches were embossed with green pearl embossing powder from the Heritage Stamp Company in Edinburgh.  I've had this for ages as I've not really embossed much for years.  I hope the company is still there because they sold the best embossing powder I have ever used,  and I'm nearly out of the green pearl now.  The pine cones were embossed with clear to avoid losing any detail.
The stars were embossed with Diamond White from Judikins.  The Reindeer was from the Mover and Shaper set from Tim Holtz, which I coated with Versamark and embossed with Copper Embossing Powder.
This design is for the WMS January challenge to incorporate the sky.  Another 6 cards finished and I'm already planning all the things I can do in December since I won't be panicking about Christmas Cards !

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be so ready by Christmas - I'm envious. I'll be rushing my butt off about November 30th I imagine. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!