Sunday 14 July 2013

Guit-Ta






 Burgundy ... Terra Cotta ...Icy Blue

Anyone else in love with this colour combination.  I swooned when I saw it over at the Play Date Cafe
last week.  I had a one or two things to take care of this week - like a birthday party for 17 children at the zoo (aaah) so I was late posting and missed the deadline.
This card was for Gavin's guitar teacher Michel.  He has been teaching one or other of my children for 10 years now so I really didn't want to miss making him a card for Gavin's last lesson.

Talk about digging into the stash.  The ribbon and metal book plate were from a Keeping Memories set which I have been hoarding for 2 or 3 years now.  It's so beautiful I have been reluctant to use it, but as the colour was perfect I decided now was the time.
The paper was from the Funky Vintage paper stack from Dovecraft. The guitar was from an old Inkadinkadoo set.
Though I would like to take credit for the Ta pun, it was only that I wanted a really small sentiment  to stamp on the star and the "Ta" from WMS Opera Tags stamps set was the only one small enough to fit.  It was only afterwards I realized the pun.
The music score background - one of my most used stamps - was from Stempel Winkel.  The guitar was stamped on the background sheet and I also stamped it on another sheet of the same paper and fussy cut it out (minus the broken strings and swirls) and popped it up on some dimensional squares.
Gavin managed a "Bien" in his final exam by pulling out all the stops at the last moment.  Because of his Baccalaureate exams and his end of school trip away he only just got one of the pieces he had to play the week before.  Sometimes I am in absolute awe of my children's talents.



2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I love the jewel colors and layers. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous guitar and love the background paper :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!