Tuesday 19 November 2013

Easel Does It !!!


I absolutely love the level of detail in this Simple Sprig set from WMS.  What I love most about the set is that the flowers have been cleverly designed so they can be punched out with a circular punch, or cut with a Spellbinders Circle.



I had cut this card using the Sizzix XL Princess Dress and Deckled Card die, carefully lining up the DP paper so as to make the best use of the patterned paper.  I overstamped the DP with the simple sprig with Versamagic Tea Leaves and stamped and cut several roses to form a border on the dress, decorate the bow and as a top layer on the easel stopper.  The bottom layer of the stopper was cut using a Cuttlebug die.  The "necklace" was made from pieces cut out from this flower.  The beautify bow comes with the die.

Such a pretty die, and the cards are a doddle to make and decorate. I made three of these cards for birthday cards for some of Simon's friends - including two Monster High themed ones now which i unfortunately didn't get around to taking photos of.  This more elegant one is being donated to the local Christmas market.  I've left off any sentiment, partly because of the language, and partly because it's more versatile - it could be a birthday card, a graduation card or just to let some special woman in your life know you care - leastways that's the spiel I'll be using to sell them.  Wish me luck !!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a stunner, and what a neat way to do the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning. Great colour too. Thank you thank you for joining the Christmas Love Campaign it's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katherine! Gorgeous details here! Who would NOT like to get a card like that?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!