Sunday 9 November 2014

Deck Those Trees


I fell in love with this pretty sketch from Freshly Made Sketches sketch 161, and I knew it would be perfect to use up one of the extra backgrounds I created last month while Thinking of a Pink Christmas.  

Of course the main reason I fell in love with it was that it gave me the perfect excuse to use this new (for me) Plush Bow die from Memory Box.  I must admit it I was a little daunted when I first saw it - it's so tiny and needs to be assembled.  I managed it though and it is definitely worth it.



The background stamp is from Sizzix/Hero Arts called Birds 'n Trees.  I embossed it with a pink embossing powder before dry embossing it with its own matching embossing folder.
I cut the little bird from white card using the Memory Box Meadow Bird die.  I embossed him 3 times with pink embossing powder and then twice with UTEE.  I just love the marbled effect this creates.


The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Vintage Ornaments, which I also embossed in pink.
I've made up the elements for another 3 pink and 4 green cards using the same sketch, but I wanted to get this one finished and posted before the Linky closes for Freshly Made Sketches.  I'll edit the post once they're done to include the others (if I remember) !!!

Thanks for stopping by - especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate

ED. Here are the same cards in green.  The background and envelope were stamped in Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  It looks more olive here than in IRL.  I used Clearsnap Pistachio EP on the bird and the sentiment.


5 comments:

  1. Love how you used pink! Sweet holiday card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Great take on the sketch! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the pink Christmas! The bow is so cute & the marbled embossing is a brilliant technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the pink embossing and that fabulous bow. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!