Tuesday 23 December 2014

Perfectly Matted Label


I don't know about anyone else but I have always wanted to mat labels perfectly and have spent a fortune on Spellbinders Labels trying to achieve the effect.  Then Claire Brennan of Waltzing Mouse Stamps has this brilliant idea of making dies which are self matting.  So far there are three self matting labels she has designed - this is Pretty Panel #1.  I'm hoping she brings out a larger one soon so it can accommodate some of the larger WMS sentiments in my collection.

I had some bits and bobs left over from previous crafting efforts and I needed one last Christmas card, so I combined this glossily accented Tim Holtz mini reindeer with a panel I had stamped in Satin Red Versafine using the WMS Vintage Christmas Backgrounder, a sentiment from WMS 'Tis the Season which was mounted on a matted WMS Pretty Panel # 1 and a stamped and cut WMS Festive Foliage Holly Sprig.

I am entering this card in the Waltzing Mouse Fanatics Challenge 33 which is Anything Goes.  If you love Waltzing Mouse Stamps as much as I do, head on over and play along.  Sadly it's their final challenge so let's make it memorable for Deb, Tara and Kathy - and difficult to choose a winner for the prize that's up for grabs (a £20 gift voucher at the WMS store).

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. I really like this card. It is bright and cheery and the large Noel is perfect. I need to get the Tis the Season set. Lately I keep seeing things made with those big sentiments and wishing I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely traditional Christmas colours. Super use of the self matting die set with the Noel stamp and festive foliage holly. Tis the Season is one of my favourite new stamp sets. Thanks for joining in with the last ever Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly elegant! Love the traditional colours. I know just what you mean about layering the labels - I like Claire's too!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!