Tuesday 31 March 2015

Pastel Beach Huts


This was another card I started last Saturday as part of the stamping and embossing workshop for my local scrapbooking group.  This was to create unique backgrounds by using stamps for pattern building.  Here's a fairly simple way to build up a grid on any sized paper.
  • Firstly find the midpoint of your card front vertically and horizontally and draw faint lines.  
  • Measure 2cm from these lines to the edges of the paper and draw these lines faintly.  I found 2cm works for a variety of different sized stamps, from 1cm square to 4cm.  There wouldn't be much pattern if you used stamps large than this.  
  • You can choose to stamp in the boxes or on the intersections - whichever best suits the size of your stamp.  This was a fairly large stamp and I stamped on every second intersection (or within a group of 4 boxes if you like) on the grid but I could have chosen a smaller stamp and stamped within every box or on every intersection.
  • You can make faint pencil marks where your centre point of your stamping will be (and what colour) if you find this makes it easier for you - for example a B where you want to stamp blue and a P where you want to stamp pink.
  • Don't be afraid to stamp off the edge.  
Supplies
Stamps : Sarah Hurley Special Editions Beside the Seaside by Jaine Drake
Dies : Pilings from Sizzix Sizzlits Coastal Set, Clearly Besotted Wave Edge Die, Spellbinders Nested Pennants
Inks : ColorBox Pigment - Aqua, Brilliance - Pearlescent Orchid

I'm entering this in Darnell's NBUS Challenge 4 as the Beside the Seaside stamp set is NBUS.  (I have a terrible feeling that the Pilings Sizzlit die may also be NBUS and I've had it almost as long as I've owned a die cut machine!)


I'm also entering this at The Challenge where they are celebrating their one year anniversary with an Anything Goes challenge


and at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where they also have an Anything Goes challenge


Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

7 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. The beach huts look great as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card looks so beautiful.I like the colour combination.
    Greetings
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...thanks for sharing the technique of how you did this...
    definitely going to put this on my "To do" wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love that stamped background! Thank you so much for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a sweet stamp Kate - it looks gorgeous stamped in the pretty pastels and I love the blinged up sea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER cute!! I love anything beachy! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge on our Anniversary Linky Party Celebration! Sure hope that you join us again for a BRAND NEW exciting challenge tomorrow! -YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!