Wednesday 15 April 2015

Thoughtful Tree


A friend asked me to make her a sympathy card and I asked her if she had any preferences.  "Love that tree" was her reply and I knew exactly which tree she meant.  This tree from the WMS Asian Gardens is one of my favourites.  It's really not that much trouble to fussy cut some extra foliage and the results are definitely worth it.

The leaves were inked up with green and ochre chalk inks.  I used the largest Spellbinders Label 2 Nestie to mount the tree, and added a little blue shading (Salty Ocean DI) on the top half and a little green (Peeled Paint DI) on the bottom half while still in the nestie die to finish off the panel and ground the image.

Naturally while the stamp was out and all inked up, I couldn't resist stamping the envelope as well.


Did I mention there's a Waltzing Mouse Pyjama Party going on tonight/today.  You have only 24 hours to link up so hurry over to the WMS Blog.  


When I was making the card, I didn't have access to the sketch and was working from memory, hence the liberties taken with the sketch.



Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love that tree too! And all those fussy cut leaves made all the difference in the world. What a dear friend you are to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a fabulous tree. Love the licence you've taken with the sketch, makes it more CAS and lets the stamping shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, especially with all those extra leaves. Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!