Monday 15 June 2015

Freshly Cut Roses


I am loving this WMS Old Country Roses set, and have been playing around with it a lot.  It took me a while to find some inks I was happy with, but in the end I settled on Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks.   I tried to find a third colour for the middle but in the end I stuck with just 2 colours.  For the leaves I used Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive Distress Inks.

I used the free cut files to cut a whole sheet of roses and leaves in different sizes and set about stamping them so I have a whole batch of flowers ready to add to future projects.  

I also used the cut files provided with the WMS Vintage Postcards set to cut a sheet of postcards and set about stamping those as well so I have a few of them to add to future projects as well.  I stamped the penny stamp in Victorian Velvet and embossed it so it had a raised detail like a real stamp.

The great thing about making your own backgrounds is that you don't need to worry about matching up colours.  I stamped the background with WMS Pinstripe Backgrounder using the Tattered Rose Distress Ink et voila - a perfect match for the roses.  However it still looked a little bare so I overstamped it with the Katzelkraft Mini 09 stamp - cities of the world.  

As it's June PJ party time over at the WMS Blog, I'm entering this card in the Old Pyjamas challenge.



Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,Kate! Love the roses and that sweet postcard.....what a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the stamped images on the pinstripe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate this is stunning - will be back to pin this! Beautiful work - the flower looks fab in only two shades, so going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the roses & I must try this colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card design is just lovely Kate! wonderful soft colors/beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - especially the pinstripe backgrounder in the soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card. So very feminine & sophisticated. Love the rose & postcard.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!