Tuesday 6 October 2015

Here Comes Santa Claus


I've used the WMS 'Twas the Night Before Christmas set to create this card - my first Christmas Card for 2015.  Claire has posted instructions for window construction on the Waltzing Mouse site.  I embossed the window with WOW! Earthtone Pepper on White cardboard and distressed with Gathered Twigs and Mustard Seed Distress Inks.  I applied Glossy Accents to the Windows so they had that old-fashioned bullion effect and the hearts on the shutters - 'cos all red hearts should have glossy accents don't you think!!!

I tried framing the poem a few different ways and in the end used this beautiful border die from the WMS Brogues die set.


I'm entering this card in the current Holly Jolly Challenge which has the theme of Here Comes Santa Claus this fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is fantastic. Just love it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love how you used the poem as a background. I never heard about this company before, so I have to check it out. Your work is just exquisite. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!