Saturday 24 October 2015

Roses and Lace

I have so many projects half finished on my desk and I'm trying to work through them.  I made these roses up some time ago.  I cut a bunch of flowers and leaves with my Cameo using the free cut files for the Old Country Roses from Waltzingmouse Stamps and then set about stamping the roses with Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks and the leaves with Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive Distress Inks.  The advantage with using the Distress Inks is that they blend really well.

I had already embossed the green card for a previous project and it wasn't suitable and it had been in my "do something with this" pile on my desk for some time.  So I did something with it !!!

I created a panel with some dark green parchment card and trimmed the top and bottom edges with lace.  It looked a little bare with just the roses, so I mounted them on a postcard which I also made previously using Waltzingmouse Vintage Postcards and the free cut files that come with it et voila !!!

I didn't add a sentiment though it could easily be added to the inside.  It's pretty enough for a birthday or thank you card, yet sombre enough that it could be used as a sympathy card.


The second card came about because I had the packet of lace from the previous card still on my desk and I noticed that there was a pink lace in the packet which was a perfect match for the Tattered Rose Distress Ink.   I created a bold pattern to counter the soft pinks by cutting some 5/8" strips of shiny black card and stuck these onto a piece of white card.  I found a suitable embossing folder to decorate the top of the card et voila !!!


I'm entering these cards into the Outlawz Sunday CAS Challenge to add some foliage to your card.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. These are both so elegant, Kate ... the roses are beautiful ... the delicate lace is such a lovely touch with that yummy embossing! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!