Tuesday 20 October 2015

Snail Mail


I made a firm resolution this year to use the patterned papers and all the dies and stamps I thought it would be a good idea to buy at the time that have been languishing in boxes for years.  I was determined to use this paper.  I had already found some card stock which was a good match for the base so I just focused on the pattern and and while sleeping I tried to mentally go through all the dies in my stash and see if I could come up with a design.  This NBUS die from Sizzix came to be at about 4 am - the bold pattern was perfect for the flower petals.  By 6am I had toyed with the idea of allowing the flower to spin (it reminds me of a pinwheel) and an easel card with a snail (another NBUS die) to prop it open and using my new SSS Wavy Stitched Scallops die (a present to myself for my birthday) to earth the flower - 4 NBUS items for 1.


Here's a close up of the snail. His shell and antennae are keeping the easel card propped open.  Initially I just coated the shell with glossy accents, sprinkled a little glitter and carved out the spiral as the glossy accents was drying for a little more definition.  I then went over the whole snail with glossy accents.


Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to comment or click the like box.  
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. The DP is very pretty. I like the card design and the cute snail

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!