Saturday 10 October 2015

Sunflower Guitar


I made this card for our church music leader who turns 50 on Monday.  Not only is she a fabulous guitarist and singer, she's also a wonderfully generous person who spends her summer vacation from teaching in Luxembourg to teach orphaned children in Tanzania and spends all her free time raising funds for the IOP (Ilula Orphan Program) by heading up Alizetti, a talented music group which literally sings for bricks for a new primary school in Tanzania.  Alizetti means sunflower in Tanzanian.


That's her with the guitar.  I was delighted to be able to make her a card which combined a guitar and a sunflower as those two things are so important to her.  I was also delighted to find a sketch to help me out.  

When I first saw Mojo MondaySketch 418, I thought shaker card and then I thought why not a guitar shape rather than a rectangular one.  So I used my Cameo to cut a guitar shape from black card and used a MFT Sunflower for the sound hole.  I filled the guitar with musical notes and motifs cut with the Memorybox Musical Motif die and I stamped the background behind the guitar with an old Inkadinkado Rock Star set. 
  
I die cut a 5 and a 0 using PTI Bookprint Numbers and placed these on acetate springs I constructed from some acetate packaging - I love the way they fold flat for going in the envelope and then pop up and wiggle once removed.  The stamp used for the sentiment was a freebie with Craft Stamper eons ago.  I cut it with a spellbinders circle and made it into a tag by punching a hole and placing a grommet from the WMS Stitched Tags set.  

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to comment.  It really brightens my day,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome shaker, Kate ... love how the inside elements are music themed ... and love the fabulous colour combo ... so bold and brilliant! Your Church Music Leader is sure to treasure such a wonderfully personalised card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card! Love that guitar shaker! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!