Friday 19 August 2016

Under the Sea



Make My Monday has the following wonderful photo inspiration for this fortnight.  


Which is very fortunate because I made a wedding card for a scuba diving enthusiast before I went away on holidays and had forgotten to blog it since I've been back.  

The background was created using alcohol inks and overstamped with various shells and starfish - mostly from a Crafty Individuals set, with the exception of the nautilus shell which is one of my oldest stamps.  It's a wood mounted stamp from Stamp World and as I have had it for almost 20 years, I would be surprised if you can still find the company let alone the stamp.  But it is beautifully detailed and still one of my favourites.

The central panel was computer generated and double embossed with clear and a sprinkling of Persian Sea Aurora Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.  Further embossing with UTEE added to the depth and mixed up the embossing powders giving the appearance of water without obscuring the sentiment.  I've edited out the names of the bride and groom and the date of the wedding in this photo.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate, what a stunning background ... it captures that scuba divers' undersea world so beautifully ... and it's fabulous overstamped with all those delicious shells! The happy couple must have been so delighted with it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of our photo challenge, beautiful sea colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Good luck. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your background, it makes a perfect underwater look and the shells are beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!