Sunday 16 October 2016

Pink Christmas 2016 - Pink Baubles


Last week I made up a pack of 10 pink Christmas cards for the raffle at our local Think Pink Ladies' Night.   I only had four (jet lagged) days to make them up so the designs had to simple.  

This was my last one - a very simple design.  The pink baubles were made with a Marabu Glitter Liner.  The tree stamp is an oldie but a goodie from PSX.  It's wood mounted and very large and it was difficult to get a complete image without a hollow centre, until I learnt the trick of stamping with a funky foam underlay.  The sentiment is from WMS Around Christmas Time and is mounted on a small Verve Stitched Banner.  I placed a strip of mounting tape in the middle and curled the banner to give the impression of it flapping in the wind.


This was its precursor - a more complicated design with just a partial tree, a window and a silhouette of St Nick flying by outside.  St Nick and the sentiment are from WMS 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  When I took this photo the pink glitter liner hadn't dried and you can see it's much lighter and thicker.

I'm entering these cards in Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #82, to use Ornaments (though I'm not entirely sure this is what they had in mind by Christmas ornaments).

The Jingle Belles have a special Pink Christmas challenge this month for breast cancer awareness and provided much needed mojo for my Christmas card set, so I'll be linking up there as well.

Thanks for stopping by, please call back later when I've had time to show you the other 8 designs,
Kate




3 comments:

  1. Love how you decorated your lovely tree ... so glad you joined us in the fight against breast cancer at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Yes...your card counts in our Ornament challenge at Holly Jolly as there is an ornament on your creation! Thanks for joining us. Good luck.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh! two more AMAZING pink holiday cards! your mojo is workin' overtime, for sure! thank you so much for helping us raise money (again!) for breast cancer research by LINKING PINK at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!