Thursday 9 March 2017

Tattered Poppy



 Sympathy cards are not my forté, but I felt the Simon Says Stamps Tattered Poppy die would be perfect to make a sympathy card for a dear friend of mine who just lost her father.  I bought this die to do some framed scrap book layouts of my own dear father who passed away last year (he was known as poppy to his 10 beloved grandchildren) so it seemed doubly appropriate.

I cut the petals from plain red card stock and used Black Soot Distress Ink to add a little depth.  I added a dew drop using glossy accents.  The stitched frames and sentiment are from WMS - I do love the elegant script used in the WMS Big Day Today set.


This lovely sketch for Challenge #211 at CAS(e) this Sketch also inspired my card.


The Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is For a Special Lady and as my friend Michaela is indeed a Special Lady I'll be entering my card there.



Challenge #334 at the Paper Players has the theme Cut it Out, and as I've used several dies here, I'll be entering over there.


Happy Little Stampers has just posted a new Anything Goes with Dies Challenge for March, so I'll be entering there as well.

Thanks for stopping by - especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate

4 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the stitched frames and the poppy is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing poppy! You color knowledge is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a winner here. Beautiful colour, great design and I love the added dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That flower is gorgeous! Love the dew drop on it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!