Tuesday 11 April 2017

Glossy Accident - Almost

A friend of mine asked if I could make an anniversary card for some Scottish friends who will be celebrating their silver wedding anniversary.  Luckily it happened to coincide with a NBUS Challenge over at Darnell's Blog so I wanted to post it before to closed.  In my haste to get it photographed, I didn't wait until the glossy accents dried.


Do you see what I mean.  Fortunately I noticed before too much damage was done - phew!  It's going to lay flat for any future photo shoots.   


Unfortunately the silver detail on the hearts isn't visible in this photo because of the extra thick coat of glossy accents I had to reapply.  I stamped and embossed the heart from  WMS Celtic Heritage in silver on navy card.  I then used the heart die from the WMS My Heart die set (though any open heart die would do) and ended up with a celtic patterned heart.  


Here's a closer look at the hearts - boo boo and all!!!

The Cheery Lynn die is NBUS.  I had tried to use it before but the die cut is quite long and won't fit on a card front - if you try to truncate the die cut the middle bits fall out because of the design.  I had a light bulb moment and partially die cut one end, repositioned the die cut in the other end of the die and partially cut the other end.  Now there are three links instead of five so it fits on an A6 card front and the middle bits are intact.



Do pop over to Darnell's blog - you're sure to have a giggle !!! 

So glad you stopped by, your visits and comments always brighten my day,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. You are brilliant to have had that light bulb moment, Kate! You made the die work perfectly and I love the other special 25th anniversary elements and how you made the card personalized! They will treasure this always!!

    I remember the very first time I used Glossy Accents at a SU workshop. We all applied it and then took a break to the next room for treats. The workshop was at my house, so I proudly set my card on the piano to step back and admire before I went to the kitchen. I was so shocked to come back a half-hour later to find the awesome GA had run down the card front onto the piano! No harm done, except to my card, thank goodness, but you can bet I never forgot that lesson, lol! (I make up for it by making lots of other boo boos instead!) Thank you so much for being a great sport and sharing in the Boo Boo Hop and also joining in my NBUS Challenge #11! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card. The recipients will be thrilled with it. Impressive problem solving. You would never know the die has been truncated.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!